Thursday, March 20, 2014

MISINTERPRETATIONS

You see the world as you are and Nothing has meaning except the meaning that you give

These are the words of wisdom I learned in my previous trainings yet I fully not comprehend and understand to incorporate in my daily life. Early this week, I posted in one of my groups an invitational message to my current service. The intention is to entice anyone in our group to join in our service. Come lunch I received a message from our head requesting me to delete the said post in order to avoid confusion with the organizations chain of command. I did as requested but the thought of why those things happened linger in mind and bothered me for the succeeding days. I realized in that situation that I am not very open to criticism because I take them as an attack to me as a person.  The reason why I never let go of my longest pain is because I believed that they did it in purpose as an attack to me. I never confronted them therefore there is no sense of knowing their reason for doing those things. I think it will make me at peace if I see it that they did what they did that time because they too are protecting a family, our organization, its just that we saw each other as the threat. Both of us have no intention of hurting anyone but because I saw it as a direct offense to me, as a betrayal I hold on to that pain for so long. I mentioned this because I saw that this is the reason why I am always defensive. After this incident in my previous organization, I actually do not trust anyone, I put myself in a place of isolation, and very watchful into whom I will show my vulnerability. I hide myself in the mask of happiness, fun and activities. Going back, I think Ill be at peace by acknowledging that the content of my message is what I need to improve on. It was insensitive of me to be mindful of how other people perceived my message. I have lot of things to grow in communication and I am thankful to the people who contributed to me in coming up to this breakthrough. To work on this, Ill try to work on improving my communication skills. I know this will help me to reach for my goals and build my leadership.

No comments: