Monday, June 14, 2010

Learning History at Home

In our breakfast table, we often chat white eating, we came into one of the reasons why my province, Quezon province is not as progressive as compared to our neighboring province. It was observed that we lack celebration for the things that needs to be remembered. One of which is that the late president Manuel Quezon lived in Lucena City formerly Baranggay Buenavista, from the Town of Tayabas in the province of Tayabas (later become Quezon province). Looking back at my history classes, none of my teachers told me this and even on books its was not told. But I believe it is our right to claim that the late president Manuel Quezon started his political career here in our province. They  said that he was once a councilor in Tayabas before he became the governor of Tayabas. I checked the wikipedia and saw that what was linked to him was Baler, Aurora only. Moving forward, I ask you to ask your parents to confirm this detail of history before its too late. It maybe our source of inspiration to move forward and be a more prosperous province.

No comments: