Saturday, June 26, 2010

My Leyte Adventure

Our trip to Leyte has no expectation, we arrived early in the airport to find a lot of passengers. I was also surprised that we spent an hour lining for tickets just to find out that I have no baggage allowance. It was so funny, but then it made me check my ticket for singapore and make me add the baggages. Lucky me.

We arrived very early in Tacloban but then we have to wait for the van going to southern leyte. It was a long trip, about 3 hours and then we arrived at the Cabalian. We met our host and they informed us that we will be riding motor bike (habal habal). I was a bit afraid because I am not used to in riding bikes, I actually do not know how to ride a bike. I find it fun afterwards, Usually this is the mode of transportation from Cabalian to Nava.

We rest for a while and ate lunch, our host informed us that our itenerary for the afternoon is hiking towards the hot spring. I prepared by wearing leggings. The trail is steep going down and I even fall off a cliff. Thankfully I held on the grass and branches I found. No casualty yet but almost a miss. The water in the spring is indeed hot but it is not enough for us to have a dip. We went further to the river and found a good spot. We finished our fresh buko before we get back.

The following day we set of to the falls. The water is very cold and freezing, enough to cool the heat of the day. I made some shots first before taking the dip and then we head back home after lunch.

The following day, we wake up early to hike again, this time up in the mountains. We havea good view of the area and then got back home. While trekking going down, I enjoyed the flaura and fauna found in the mountains. Got some few shots and ate rice the rest of the day. Forthe record, this is the same day that we ate 5 meals for the day, all rice and pork. We went back home and prepared for the disco. Its fascinating that the people there love to dance.

During the fiesta, we started with a mass followed by the christening of jhaika. It was quiet although this is the fiesta.

Come monday, we went to the sea for a swim with the Onita family. We were all got burned under the sun but enjoed the water much.

the following day we went back to Tacloban for our flight back home. We encontered a lot of  problems during that day but then we still choose to close the vacation as happily. i am now looking forward for my Singapore trip this July.

1 comment:

~HaHaN~ said...

welcome back! wow ha. Antagal mo sa leyte. Daming pera! :)