Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Take the higher road. Forgive.

Lord, make me an instrument of Your peace. Grant that I may not so much seek to be understood as to understand; to be loved as to love.

One day I was furious upon receiving an email. Some people do not know how to make a powerful request instead they push you authoritatively just like an egoistic power play.  As I calm myself, I called my mom. She quickly understands my point and reminds me to put my energy into positive things instead of wasting it to nonsense ones.

This morning I read the readings, First reading is somewhat related to the feelings that I felt that time and the message is to forgive.  Funny that the priests message in the mass yesterday was to read the bible; according to him it has all the answers to our concerns.

Sometimes it is very hard to go on and live a righteous life because the people around us always mock us, make fun out of us, belittle or abilities and steal our dreams. But we can free our self from this by believing in our own ability, being with like minded people and continuously building our own self esteem so that we will be strong enough in facing adversaries. Let us be busy honing or craft and perfecting the talent and abilities given to us. It will be the Lord who will bless us and always guide us to the right path. It can also help to know that those people who do the unkind things to others are those deeply wounded and is just longing for acceptance as well. Let us understand their current situation wishing that someday they will also have their peace!

No comments: