Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Action speaks louder

Knowledge is not enough. When we apply what we know, that is called wisdom. 

Lord, let Your Spirit convict me when I agree to what you say but fall short of putting it to practice.

Spiritually, I know a lot. I owe it to my basic education they taught me a lot about my religion and my faith. For long I was stubborn. I find it hard to read the word of God. Maybe because I find it boring, luckily my mom once got a book with daily readings and reflection. For that time, I consistently read it everyday. But after the duration lapse, I find it hard to get a copy of that book. I stopped again. 2 years ago when I was dispatched to Darwin I included in my routine my daily readings through Kerygma family. Its great but then after I came back to Manila I stopped again. A few weeks ago when I heard mass at Greenbelt chapel, the priest give emphasis on how important it is to read the Gospel daily. With this I was moved to try it out.  Several weeks already that I am reading the Gospel, I appreciated the messages it brings. I can see the resemblance of my experiences and situation to the readings especially in the 1st reading and because of this I am thankful. I am hoping to really create this habit of daily reading. It gives me the strength to move on and be strong.

Business wise, this same passage is applicable. Every plan must be put into action. Its fun to create action plans but it must be implemented and measure to really know if it is working. This is the challenging part as well, to do the action plan. This is something new and out of our system, the reason why we are facing resistance. It is part as well that in trying new things; we are tested if we are serious with the change that we want. I know a lot of should be but I find it hard to live it daily. I should be listening to audio books at least 1 hour, I should be reading different books for 20 mins and so on. But in spite of this, I move on. I still try to find my formula of daily activities; the activities that I can stick to for years. This is hard for me but I know that with the help of God, this can be possible and achievable. To God be the Glory

-Mafe Pastorpide

www.ca2020.net

No comments: