Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Eye on the Prize

The world has a myriad of seductions available to try and distract us from our goals. The only way we will prevail over the insistence of the world is if we place our eyes on the prize of eternal life and do not let them wander far from it.

As this is true in our religion it is true for our own self. As Rich Dad (from Robert Kiyosakis book) He said that sometimes we settle for less because we are trapped in the greediness and temptation. We cannot resist the job offer that is why we grabbed it not realizing that this is not aligned in our goals and that we can still have a higher value.

In my case, my initial goal in life is to be happy and make this world better while I am still alive. This is simple; I treat each opportunity that comes my way as a blessing from God. I was happy and contented. But as they say, whenever we attain one goal we should raise the bar so that we will not stagnate. Its when I met the community (www.ca2020.net) that open my eyes and let me see the bigger part that I can play in other peoples lives. It made me know my worth and my future worth. My new end goal is financial freedom. Instead of traveling the world as part of my Job why not travel the world leisurely and spend more time with people that matters.

To attain this goal we have the life entrepreneurship program where we learn the basics of business as we do the distribution business. Doing this business is not easy but worth it. Like the end prize in our religion, Eternal Life, obtaining financial freedom is challenging. It is due to the distraction that can comes my way. Most of my distractions are base on feelings; I do not feel like doing my tasks, and so on. But maybe I feel this way because my definition of financial freedom is not that concrete. Whenever I do the challenge in our dream building, I came to see that sometimes I havent think of that one dream yet. I have no idea on what to do or where to go. I feel also that my plan is not complete; I cannot clearly see the path, the reason why I cannot move.

It is with this awareness that I am now planning my future. Since I am seeing a very slow movement towards my goal, financial freedom, maybe I can do some crazy new things. Check my blog regarding Journey for my 1st Million, it is that plan I am looking into. Increase income to assure my monthly overhead cost, then help others do the same so that we can build our business and soon have the time freedom.

Sometimes challenges seem to be a very big road block but its our choice if we make it as our reason or a stepping stone to reach the top. I know that the Lord will always lead me back to Him and His plans are the best. Its a matter of adjustment to His right Time.

No comments: